Saturday, August 14, 2010

First visit!

Lucy made her first visit this past week, on Thursday, August 5th.  A mother of two children on the autism spectrum wanted a doggy for them to play with.  I wasn't sure of how they'd react to Lucy, but they LOVED her!  The boy took her leash and proudly marched her around the house.  They both asked tons of questions about her, and I was happy to answer.  Right as the girl asked me Lucy's favorite spot to be pet, you can guess what Lucy did....flopped over on her back like she always does!  They were more than happy to give her bellyrubs, and lots of treats.  Lucy did really well, and only expressed fear/unhappiness when the kids both put their faces in hers.  She doesn't like the face-to-face contact so much.  But I had them back off a bit, and all was fine.

I managed to get some great pics of them interacting:





I love the happy grins on both their faces!











All in all, a great first visit, and I'm happy to see Lucy in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment