Monday, January 2, 2012

Stress relief!

It's been a while again.  I am a graduate student myself, and just got through with what (I hope!) will be my hardest and busiest semester.  Also, Lucy had surgery in late August to fix her leg and was under strict house arrest for almost 10 weeks!

On Dec 20th, Lucy went to MIT to relieve stress for the students during their exams.  She and 4 other dogs hung out in the library and attracted quite a crowd.  There were so many students who said "Oh, I miss my dog at home!"  I think back to when I was in college, and it was the first time since I was born that I was living without a dog/cat/other pet.  I was, of course, homesick, and I do think playing with a dog might have made me feel more connected with the "real world".   I hope Lucy did that for the students.  As for Lucy - she laid on her back getting belly rubs for nearly 2 hours, getting up only when she heard someone reach into the treat bowl.









I love love love this one!  She's such a goofball!


~Jamie (and Lucy)

1 comment: